Our amateur gardening competition is now closed.
Thank you to all our keen gardeners who have entered. We are hoping to see some pretty gardens bursting full with colour, smell and texture, as we celebrate 24 years of Redbridge in Bloom.
Our theme this year is’A garden for the senses‘ to tie in with mental health and general health and well-being, encouraging all residents to `get gardening’. Read our blog post Sow the seeds for good health for more information on the health benefits of gardening regularly.
The winners will be announced later this year for the six categories listed below:
- Best Front Garden
- Best Container Garden
- Best Public House
- Best Sheltered Housing / Residential Care Home
- Best Community Display
- Best School Gardening Project
Judging doesn’t require you to be in so it must be a space that is clearly visible from the road, but this could be a balcony garden or a paved front garden filled with beautiful pots and hanging baskets.
Competition terms and conditions
- Please see above for the closing date and how and when winners will be notified.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- The judging panel will be comprised of volunteers as chosen by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
- Competition entrants may not contact any competition judges to discuss the Competition. In the event of such contact being made, immediate disqualification will result.
- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure will endeavour to judge the entries between the advertised times but cannot guarantee this.
- The judges’ discussions and scoring will be private and confidential to the judges and Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the competition, the decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entry implies acceptance of all these rules and any rules published in relation to Redbridge in Bloom.